iOS 1 - Intro to Mobile App Development
9th or 10th grade – No prerequisite
The MobileMakersEdu first course teaches the basics of mobile app development, using basic programming skills and iOS frameworks. Applying real-world industry tools and best practices, students create several working applications (apps) that grow in complexity throughout the year.
By the end of the course, student can:
- Use the Swift programming language to build a simple mobile app.
- Apply fundamental programming skills (e.g. if statements, loops, etc.) to build a working mobile app.
- Use Xcode and other industry development tools (e.g. GitHub) to build and store code.
- Employ some of Apple’s frameworks and structures to build an application that runs and utilizes the iOS platform.
- Leverage Agile Development to manage projects, delegate tasks, and collaborate in a team.
- Comfortably communicate about code, projects, and other technology with a variety of audiences.
Students leave the course with 8 working iOS apps.
iOS 2 - Advanced Mobile App Development
10th or 11th grade – Prerequisite: iOS 1
The iOS 2 program is designed to engage students in a comprehensive experience as a developer. Students learn advanced Swift programming skills, design thinking skills, development team skills (e.g. Agile Development), and client relationship skills.
By the end of the course, students can:
- Apply basic design thinking & problem-solution development to create mobile apps.
- Employ advanced programming skills such as abstraction, enumeration, data structures, and APIs.
- Utilize advanced Xcode frameworks application.
- Manage basic client relationships through enhanced communications and teamwork.
- Explore the impact of technology on society throughout history and globally.
Students leave the course at an intern level.