MobileMakersEdu (iOS 1) - Intro to Mobile App Development
9th or 10th grade – No prerequisite
The MobileMakersEdu first course teaches the basics of mobile app development, using basic programming skills and iOS frameworks. Students experience an authentic workplace environment, applying real-world industry tools and best practices. Students create 10 working applications (apps) that grow in complexity throughout the year.
By the end of the course, student can:
- Use the Swift programming language to build basic mobile apps.
- Apply fundamental logical thinking and programming skills to program working iOS applications.
- Implement common Apple frameworks and design patterns in developing iOS apps.
- Use professional software development tools and project management strategies to develop, store and manage iOS apps.
- Employ the necessary social-emotional skills necessary for career-ready software development and collaboration in a team.
Students leave the course with 10 working iOS apps.
MobileStudioEdu (iOS 2) - Advanced Mobile App Development
10th or 11th grade – Prerequisite: iOS 1
The second year program is designed to engage students in a comprehensive experience as a developer. The classroom is designed to operate as a working development studio. Students learn advanced Swift programming skills, design thinking skills, development team skills (e.g. Agile Development), and client relationship skills.
By the end of the course, students can:
- Apply basic design thinking skills to develop a mobile app to solve a problem or fill a need.
- Employ advanced programming skills and computer science competencies.
- Self-learn and teach others advanced iOS frameworks and skills.
- Manage basic client relationships, communications and teamwork.
Students leave the course at an intern level.